Windows 10 BSOD -- UEFI Repair or Win Reinstall?

SAgosto

Limp Gawd
My machine stopped responding to RDP and got hard rebooted and now immediately (No Windows Logo) goes BSOD with "Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. The digital signature for this file couldn't be verified. Error code: 0xc0000428" with a press F1 to enter Recover Environment. This occurs over and over again. F12 at bootup goes to menu with Legacy Boot w/ the various boot options, UEFI w/ options to select Windows Boot Manager and UEFI: INT13 (USB, 0X80) and Other Options w/ options to select BIOS Setup and Diagnostics.

I created a bootable USB key using the Windows Media Creation Tool and then used the Legacy Boot option for USB key but after the Windows logo is shown for a second, it immediately BSOD with "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to be started". The Other Option's BIOS Setup and EUFI's Windows Boot Manager just goes to a black screen and nothing happens.

I started to read into Rofus thinking this is an issue with the UEFI but wanted to get an opinion from the experts. Thanks for any help.

did you try the recovery env? if you can get there, run sfc and a disk check. start there.

Please see above:

I created a bootable USB key using the Windows Media Creation Tool and then used the Legacy Boot option for USB key but after the Windows logo is shown for a second, it immediately BSOD with "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to be started"

k. what type of system are we are we dealing with, laptop, tower, custom?

It is a Dell Optiplex 390 with an i3-2120 and 8 GB of memory. I sold this SAgosto a while ago. When I get a chance, I will look into the issue where it won't enter the BIOS. I was thinking that clearing the CMOS may be an option here, to at least get the system to enter the BIOS.

Thanks guys. I really appreciate it. I am thinking I have a hardware issue if I can't enter the BIOS nor boot from the USB using 2 different sources. Or, I am really missing something.

have a usb to sata adapter? 'cause I think the next step is to test/scan that hdd.

No, that board should have jumper. Section 3 of the link should be what you want to follow.

Back