WIndows 10 AU crashing PCs?

I did get one bsod on my laptop during the build upgrade....but NO problems after that. Its like the crash never happened... I think the people with issues are a very small minority.

We had a Lenovo laptop that couldn't boot into Windows (dying at the login). Before I login I did a safe boot (click on the on screen power button -> restart while holding down the shift key). Rebooted into safe mode. Checked no issues. Rebooted into safe mode with only the necessary services. Checked no issues. Check disk. Finally rebooted to normal and it worked since. I think the ability to fully boot and reboot fixed the issue.

I have been on the au for a while now nothing wrong with it for me...

I haven't restarted my pc for weeks now due to not wanting the update. 24/7 Cortana listening to you is something where I draw the line to. Same goes to OSX Siri integration - no thanks. Going to switch full time to linux.

I updated to the anniversary edition and it has been a real headache. i've had a lot of freezes and crashes over the past 2 days. prior to this my system was rock solid for 10 months with no issues. I'm really frustrated. I'm going to do a clean install tonight of version 1151 with hopes that it fixes the issues.

We had a Lenovo laptop that couldn't boot into Windows (dying at the login). Before I login I did a safe boot (click on the on screen power button -> restart while holding down the shift key). Rebooted into safe mode. Checked no issues. Rebooted into safe mode with only the necessary services. Checked no issues. Check disk. Finally rebooted to normal and it worked since. I think the ability to fully boot and reboot fixed the issue.
After sleep (e.g. closing the lid) or in general?

Back