Windows 10 Anniversary Edition Scaling Issues

Flapjack

2[H]4U
Well, I can't 100% blame it on Win10 AE, because I also switched from an AMD 290X to a GTX 1070, but for whatever reason, my texts and window are seriously jacked up. I haven't changed a single setting from stock, so I know it's not a misconfiguration on my end. I have three Asus 1080P 27" monitors, but the issues I'm having look kinda of like what you get when you have a 4k monitor.

Some text is so small, I can't even read it, while some windows are so big, I can't even hit the ok/cancel buttons at the bottom. I've attached a few screenshots to show what I'm seeing.

Another annoying thing... even though I have my middle monitor set as the primary display, my icons keep switching back to the left monitor.

I had none of these issues with the original Win10 release. Hopefully someone can help.

Attachments

• gotomeeting-on-chrome.png
    gotomeeting-on-chrome.png
    244.4 KB · Views: 36
  • teamspeak.png
    teamspeak.png
    110.9 KB · Views: 39
Here's another example (TeamSpeak). I can't read the text because it's so small... but then the maximize/minimize/close buttons take up 10% of the window.

Attachments

• teamspeak2.png
    teamspeak2.png
    43.9 KB · Views: 32
Go to Control Panel > Display, what is your text size set at?

Another area to check is right click on desktop > Display Settings > and check your scaling level under 'Change the size of text, apps and other items'.

Go to Control Panel > Display, what is your text size set at?

Another area to check is right click on desktop > Display Settings > and check your scaling level under 'Change the size of text, apps and other items'.
Under "Change the size of text, apps and other items", it's set to "100% Recommended". The only time I mess with that is on UHD/4K displays, where I put it to 200-250. Never had to touch that for a 1080P display.

Under Advanced Display Settings > Advanced Sizing of text and other items, "Change only the text size is all set to 9".

I do have to say, it only seems to be certain apps. Chrome looks normal (albeit, "fuzzy"), but if a Chrome App fires up (eg: GoToMeeting), it's too big to fit on the screen. TeamSpeak is also ridiculously screwed up... to the point where I can't read any text. It worked fine on my first Win10 build.

Back