Windows 10 1709 Audio Options

djoye

2[H]4U
Image attached. Right-click on the speaker icon and you get options like this now. This is awesome if you have 7.1 speakers, but don't want games that only output 5.1 sending surround audio to the wrong (back) surround speakers.

Attachments

• windows_audio.PNG
    windows_audio.PNG
    21.8 KB · Views: 93
Image attached. Right-click on the speaker icon and you get options like this now. This is awesome if you have 7.1 speakers, but don't want games that only output 5.1 sending surround audio to the wrong (back) surround speakers.

You don't have Dolby Atmos you fucking peasant?

Hmm, It looks different for me "Spatial Sound (off)" instead of 5.1 or 7.1 speakers and don't have any advanced setting there but I suppose Windows senses whether you have 7.1/5.1 speakers or headphones plugged in and only gives it for speaker setups. I'd love to try 5.1 channel mixing Windows Sonic output on my headphones since I think 5.1 speaker setting sounds better than 7.1 on headphones.

Last edited:
How do I send Atmos to an AVR & send video via Display Port to my G-Sync monitor? I heard this is not possible.

Can you use the HDMI out on your mobo to send atmos to the AVR and the Display Port from your GPU for your monitor?

Hmm, It looks different for me "Spatial Sound (off)" instead of 5.1 or 7.1 speakers and don't have any advanced setting there but I suppose Windows senses whether you have 7.1/5.1 speakers or headphones plugged in and only gives it for speaker setups. I'd love to try 5.1 channel mixing Windows Sonic output on my headphones since I think 5.1 speaker setting sounds better than 7.1 on headphones.

You could use Razor's (or other) Synapse software that sets up a software 5.1/7.1 solution to do this, I'd think. Not sure if you can bypass the processing that the Razor software would do, but it's something to try.

Pretty sure HDMI out for Atmos is your only option. I don't think you can output Atmos via USB. (Assuming your AVR even has USB.)

Does your GPU have a DP and HDMI out? If so try that.

I've never tried that before but pretty sure you could have the HDMI out set as the audio device and keep DP as the video out.

Failing that you will need an audio extractor capable of stripping Atmos out and I think a passive DP to HDMI converter (so you get Atmos out of the DP port) and then back again for the monitor (not for the audio).

Or just ditch the OC....

Last edited:
Pretty sure HDMI out for Atmos is your only option. I don't think you can output Atmos via USB. (Assuming your AVR even has USB.)

Does your GPU have a DP and HDMI out? If so try that.

I've never tried that before but pretty sure you could have the HDMI out set as the audio device and keep DP as the video out.

Failing that you will need an audio extractor capable of stripping Atmos out and I think a passive DP to HDMI converter (so you get Atmos out of the DP port) and then back again for the monitor (not for the audio).

Or just ditch the OC....

HDMI audio has to include video. If you want to do G-sync + HDMI surround sound, you need to configure a monitor on the HDMI port. You can either run "headless" or actually hook up a monitor or, depending on your screen, just hook it up to the HDMI input on your G-sync monitor but ideally, you never actually put anything on the 2nd monitor.

Back