Window Trim Molding?

Ang

Gawd
Joined
Mar 20, 2008
Messages
597
Ok I bought Uchannel from MNPCtech before, but what is everyone else using to create window moldings and such?

Something I can buy at Home Depot... when I googled for it, all it came up with were non flexible plastic kinds?

Anyone have link/name of something I can buy at the hardware store (home depot, ace) that would be like the Uchannel? :http://www.mnpctech.com/UChannel.html
 
I tried the local Home Depot, Lowes, Ace, etc. Could not find anything, so I ordered that UChannel from mnpctech for my custom full-panel window on my A900.
 
Check auto part stores like Autozone, Pep Boys, O'Reilly Auto Parts, etc. It's usually sold as door trim. I think its about the same price-wise to purchase the stuff at an auto parts store, but you save on shipping.
 
How does the door trim stuff work? Is it U-Shaped as well, or is it just you paste it on around the edge?
 
Here is some of the same I think, I use it for holes for fans and other things I cut. I plan to use this when I get a rocketfish to cut and put in a window Works great >>>
http://www.moddersmart.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=243

It is U Shaped Meaning it holds around the case metal in a U so both sides are surrounded by plastic with the case metal in the lower part of the U. You just slide it over the edging of the hole you made and it will stay there
 
Check auto part stores like Autozone, Pep Boys, O'Reilly Auto Parts, etc. It's usually sold as door trim. I think its about the same price-wise to purchase the stuff at an auto parts store, but you save on shipping.

This
I paid 2 to 3 bucks for 6 feet plus it's self adhesive
 
I just purchased some from autozone. "Door Edge Guard: U-Shape Style" Part number T3802
 
Back
Top