Window Reservoir

Seems like its design would cause a bit of unecessary flow resistance and it's also not easy to install. And lastly, it will make opening the case for maintenance a hassle.

Not a very good idea as it has a big potential for spills when removing your case side. Looks pretty though. :D

I had thought of making one of those myself.. with a 'bubbly hose' inside.. any maybe some plastic fish :D

CoW]8(0) said:
Seems like its design would cause a bit of unecessary flow resistance and it's also not easy to install. And lastly, it will make opening the case for maintenance a hassle.

I was actually thinking of using it on the MB side of the case, it doesnt look to be more that half inch thick.. 1/4in of rez, 2x1/8in of walls. and as long as it has fluid around the outlet, how would it cause resistance?

Aronj66 said:
I was actually thinking of using it on the MB side of the case, it doesnt look to be more that half inch thick.. 1/4in of rez, 2x1/8in of walls. and as long as it has fluid around the outlet, how would it cause resistance?

putting on the mobo side seems like a good idea - except one minor glitch - the connectors would be in the way they stick out of the 'inside' of the 'window' - it could be possible to have it forward enough to have those connectors be forward of the mobo, or if you have a larger case you could get them to be 'below' the mobo...

Aronj66 said:

Same way a waterblock does except to a lesser extent. In fact, it has some semblance as a giant plastic waterblock.

you could put quick connects on it... then easy on easy off, when you open the door.

Yea.. quick connects would solve the issue of opening up the case, but I rarely open it up unless I'm fooling with the cooling system anyway. My hardware changes usually end up beeing completely new computers anyway.

Currently My lanboy looks like this inside:
lanboy1.jpg

It's more for function than looks, hence the complete lack of cable management inside.
I'm planning on moving the rad inside on the roof in front of the PSU, so since I'm foolin with the cooling system I thought I'd maybe change the rez, and swap the hydor L20 for a C-Systems mag. I've got sitting on my desk.

I was thinking of turning that window rez sideways so the inlet/outlet are behind the drive cage.

Back