window installation error (blue screen)

miccocan

n00b
Hi everyone
last month i bought a PD920 Duo Core system and was using the old windows/harddrive from the previous computer (yeah i know some error will occur). Now i decide reinstall a fresh new one, when i boot up from the XP cd, after running blue setup screen, the last part windows setting/starting up, it pops up another blue screen saying error. tried it with another hard drive (one is SATA, one is PATA) both doesnt work, anyone had this happen before?

i have the following config
P5WD2 motherboard
PD 920 2.8ghz
cosair 512x2 ddr667 XMS2
XFX 6600GT

my motherboard has vcore error (doesn't read vcore voltage), but i can't fix it so i just ignore it, not a big issue for me, but is that causing problem?

Can you post the first 4 lines of the blue screen? Is should have a file name and a message like IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. It will help to pinpoint if it is a driver etc.

i dont have the computer with me now, but i only remember the screen saids check virus, but i formatted the drive so there shouldnt be any virus, will post what it saids tomorrow.

this is the screen i am getting:

if this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. if this screen appears again, follow these steps:

check for virus on your computer. remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your comp.

technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF8981524, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

the harddrive does have virus before, but i format it already
i put the ram into different slot, still doesn't help
i do have a floppy drive inserted
i assume (vcore overclock voltage error) is not a problem right?
what else is wrong?

nevermind i just solved the problem (found the answer in asus forum)
i plug the ide cd-rom cable into the red connector, and the guy said only the blue connector can boot into windows setup screen........yeah

but the cpu over voltage error still exist =(

Back