window 7 reinstall

Efoot

n00b
A few years ago I installed windows 7 x64 on a old Toshiba Satellite P200...
that had XP has the original OS (965 chipset)

Everything was fine till the HDD failed

So I got a new HDD because I wouldn't to keep the laptop (mainly uses for watching YouTube, facebook simple stuff.

Now the same copy of Win 7 will not install...
Well it installs but it will not let me finish setting up the OS (aka picking a computer name password etc.) it never boots too that screen just black

I don't remember having this issue a few year ago the OS installed fine it was after words trying to installing and find the correct drivers is where I had problems before

Any ideas too get pass this point

Thanks

Have you updated the BIOS at all? There used to be an issue with legacy USB modes causing Windows setup to fail, but I think it was during the setup pe, not out of box.

The other thing is, I don't know why this would cause a problem, but maybe the boot order is not correct. Since you only have one HDD it should automatically find the hard drive. Check anyways, make sure the hard drive is the top of the boot order. Use the "boot menu" to choose expansion bay to boot to the OS disc.

Final thought it, are you sure the HDD failed, or was it the drive controller on the board? Did you test the hard drive on another system to see if it was functional (run tools)? The windows setup might be failing as that is a pretty old system.

I have not updated the bios running the same one v1.05 that it was running before the HDD failure

It boots to HDD first then CD/DVD

Yes windows setup is failing but why now It was installed before.

Thanks

Back