Windforce oddball 1->3 fan cable

faring

Gawd
I just picked up a good deal on a used Gigabyte 280x to to pair with my current one. Just one small problem. The 1 to 3 fan cable is missing. This card apparently has a 3-pin header and 1x 3-pin and 2x 2-pin fans. Maybe my google-fu is weak today, but I can't seem to find this cable anywhere. I can find full sets of replacement fans that include the cable, but not the cable by itself. Help me out and point me to the incredibly obvious answer I'm sure I'm missing.

OIC I thought you meant the cable coming from the fan was missing, you just need the adaptor to the header.
My bad, I guess reading is fundamental.

That does look like it will work, might want to bust out the zip ties though. :D

That's a lot of effort for an older card - can you just return it? Or was it that good of a deal?

Nah, can't really return it. It was ebay, and it was stated that the plug was missing. Anyway, I did get it for about the lowest price I've seen a 280x go for, and I've been hunting it for a while. I just didn't expect the connector to be such a hassle.

Cable didn't work, apparently these are some mini size connectors. I've got a couple more google ideas, but if Gigabyte support doesn't come through for me I may just strap a couple 80mm case fans to it and call it good.

Back