winchester overclock database

New chip edit

ADA3200DIK4BI
CBBHD 0447SPAW

Right now its at 245x10 @ 1.55v

3dmark's stable, will be priming tonight.

man I need $60 so I could get the adapter for my Prometeia so I could rock all you guys :D

Don't have the info off the IHS and don't wanna tear off the waterblock to look but I do have some of the info.

3200+ winchester
CBBHD 0447
2.6 [email protected]
Koolance Exos

primed stable for 16 hours before I got fedup with waiting to use it. I could probably push it higher with more voltage, but probably won't try it til i build my custome WC setup.

guys please, read the first post. i need more than just a speed.

if you don't have the stepping/week, that's fine, i'll make a section for everyone who doesn't have both of those
(by stepping week, i mean 0451APEW, i don't need the first 5 as much)

Is there a link to the updated Db? Page 1 of this thread must be out of date by now.

the only one i don't have right now is highlife, but i guess since i've got nothing to do, i'll put together the new pic and post it. give me about 5 min and check back

edit: i think i'll just update it once a day. before i go to bed or something. if there's nobody to update.. i'll bump it to get more people to post :D

Hey, after look at this and knowing i am on a tight budget i think i am going to buy one of these instead of a 3500 or something

thanks this was helpfull

i bought a week 5 2005 athlon 64 3000+ but i dont have a motherboard for it yet....
byy the looks of it the CBBBID 2005 athlons dont overclock for shit

yeah, looks that way. let us know how it goes though, and good luck :D
(btw, before you put everything together, post the stepping so you don't forget)

and incomudro: that's the idea! i'm glad it's already starting to pay off.

here you go -

3000+
ADA3000DIK4BI
CBBID 0503EPGW
1193089 A500023

stable at 297*9 for 2.4
@1.55 volts

3200 all i remember is its 2005 week 01 227x10 at about 1.4. more voltage doesnt do SHIT

ADA3000DIK4BI
CBBHD 0449MPM
running on stock cooler
running @

238 x 9= 2142

according to cpuz

going to prime it for 24 hours see what i got

cpuz.jpg

CBBID 0502BPAW @ 2295mhz with 1.5 vcore

My max overclock right now is 9x250 (2295 mhz) vcore @ 1.5, 1:1 ratio with TCCD memory from mushkin.

I can prime small ffts at 260fsb, but for some reason firefox always crashes and CS source runs for only a while. Frankly, I am disappointed, was hoping for a 2.5ghz overclock, but the system won't run stable past 260fsb, any suggestions as to improving my OC? My temps seem pretty high too, 48C load.

I think my memory might be holding me back, but I tried a 166mhz divider and my PC decided to quit, and it won't boot into windows anymore, even at stock settings and after clearing the CMOS.

:( :mad: :confused:

hmm, memory limitations abound.

first.. lurch: are you sure your ram isn't holding you back? did you try a ram divider and try to get the cpu a little faster? (make sure you drop the ht multi to 3x if you make it past 250mhz)

dmonkey.. that's not too bad for a week 2 chip, however it is interesting that you couldn't boot after switching to 166mhz. even after clearing the bios. are you sure you didn't touch anything else?

you can fix the windows thing. all you did was corrupt the system files or the registry.. just google "Corrupt Registry Fix" and there ya go :p

not sure how to enable ram divider. i have tried looking at all bios settings, didnt see anything referring to a ram divider. only thing close is where i can set the max mem speed. actually, i dont remember seeing anything to set bus speed in bios either. i got to this oc using the nTune utility included in the mobo software

didnt see your link for how ram dividers work sorry

CPU: AMD 3000+ winnie

stepping: all i know is week 0440

max attempted OC: 285*9 stable at 1.5volts

lurch: so you're good now? and another thing, you should be safe up to 1.5 or 1.6v. i'd stop at 1.5 if temps start rising a bunch though.

looks like i'm gonna have a bunch to update tonight. :D

Forget everything I said, my

CBBID 0502BPAW

is awesome. I am running 278x9 @1.6 vcore. I got 2500mhz! Yay!

EDIT: Temps are lower now for some reason,

ok, got a pretty decent oc now (thanks eclipse)

280 x 9 =2520 @ 1.52 v

on stock air cooling

rock steady at 51 C running prime

again processor is
cbbhd 0449mpm

cpuz2.jpg

i'm glad i could help out. i'll update that pic for you now :D

however, this winchester oc database is going to lose interest from everyone soon. i'll keep it around, but soon there will be rev. E.. and it should own the winchester.
so, a new database will be made for those, and link this thread from there so if it falls off the front page, it's still easy to find :D

edit: dmonkey, i just noticed. nice speed bump over what you had before :p

bump for important information in the first post. read it and be enlightened :D

I personaly doo not like what stands in first post. It's like gimme date and STFU about You and Your problems. It might be ment complitly different but still it feels so.

BTW I've took bad pics of My core so I can't give that data, but it's 3000+ winnie and does moderate 2350 MHz stable in Shuttle XPC SN95G5 cooled with ICE and powered with stock 240 watt PSU. Memory is Corsair or CMX 3500+ LL or TWINX1024 C2. Both aren't so great ( they aren't TCCD or BH-5 memory modules)
Easy to cool.
I gues with lower memory divider and more core voltage and better memory it would goo much higher. Or with other full size mobo with good PSU.

In My expiriance memory, PSU and mainboard mean more in overclocking Winchester then Week of a CPU or even a cooling. Many firends use stock cooler and hit on air mostly 2500+ MHz.

I think non of a Winchester cores are less then 3500+ capable just AMD locked them to up to have solution for cheeper CPUs. Hence any Winchester will hit 2400+ with good mainboard, memory and PSU.

MD

i can see where you're coming from, but i think this database is proving that week doesn't really matter, just good old fashioned oc'ing skill.
i'm sorry if the first post comes across in a way you don't like, i tried to clearly state what i wanted for the database to eliminate confusion and posts that were meaningless. however, a result of that is a nice compilation of data.
as for the "gimme date and STFU about You and Your problems", that is not the case at all. i'm more that willing to help out if you're having problems with your winchester, or almost anything else for that matter. call it free tech support. it's what i'm here for, even though often i am of no help at all. if you're the type that doesn't like to ask for help.. well sugarsnaps :D

i hope that clears up some misunderstanding about the intentions of this thread. ;)

If anyone wants to know, I can get my chip to 2600mhz @ 1.66 volts (288x9) now, but it BSODs during games although it runs SuperPi and Prime fine. I think the voltages on my board are limiting me, 1.6 is the max on my Neo4 Platinum because the voltage is always 0.05 under the set voltage.

Hey dmonkey what sort of temps are you getting at that voltage with the XP90?

Thanks
Shadow27

I have a better OC now w/ the WC setup.

280x9.5=2660
1.63vcore

Can play games etc at 2707 (285x9.5) but won't prime95, says i need more voltage.

Pics:
cpu_die.gif

oc_cpuz.gif

I get around 40 degrees celsius idle at 1.66 volts, which is the highest my Neo 4 can handle. When under load, it goes up to 48 degrees celsius under Prime 95 small FFT's and SuperPI, but for some reason when I do the "Blend" test in Prime95, my temps go down?!! I do have 120mm fans sucking on the area around the heat sink though, if that would make any difference.

If you're looking into buying a heatsink, I highly recommend the XP-90.

Thanks dmonkey, yeh i'm definetly looking at getting one now to try get some more out of my chip. I'm a bit apprehensive to try for more with the stock cooler. The chip I have seems to want to go for more because its doing 2600mhz on stock volts stable, boots into windows at 2700mhz stock volts too but i'm not sure how stable it is. My mem is holding me back though for sure. The mem is at 217mhz 3-3-3-8.

Thanks
Shadow27

Wow, thats an awesome chip, what stepping is it? You should have quite a bit of headroom if you can run 2600mhz stable at stock voltage. Thats amazing! If you get the XP-90, you might be looking at 2800mhz!
smile.gif

my 3000winnie 939 just came from newegg havent tried OCing cos i dont have the mobo yet....but my stepping is:

ADA3000DIK4BI
CBBID 0503GPAW
1192939B50679

anyone have this?

all the week 3 3000's seem to top out around 2.4ghz.
though it looks like i've got some updating to do. i'll get to it, expect a new pic up soon.

I'm stability testing 2.707ghz (285x9.5) @ 1.725vcore atm. So far looks good, steady 45*C w/ prime95 going full tilt.

whats the dealio eclipse don't want to post my oc? I put all the info in my post. Maybe my A64 isn't good enough for you? Its prime stable at 2.61ghz, but will run windows and game all the way to 2.75ghz. I don't have the money to risk running it over 1.72volts, so I can only theorize that maybe it would go 2.8 with the right amount of voltage. It runs very cool, so it seems like their might be more headroom, but I'm no rocket surgeon.

ADA3500DIK4BI
CBBID 0507GPDW

2.7GHz (prime stable)
246HTT
1.55v

XP-90 w/ 92mm tornado

Back