Winbond chips

amd_inside

Weaksauce
I'm reading around about RAM lately and I keep hearing about how the supply of BH-6 and 5 will be soon out. But then again, other sources tell me otherwise. Some say that they stopped making them, other say they were kicked back in to production. Which of these is true :eek: ? I would hate it to be so.

I'm always hoping to pick myself up some new RAM in the near future. I want some BH-5 or CH-6 chips since they're so great in the OCing departement...

Now, I'm sure Winbond chips aren't the only bad boys of DDR memory :rolleyes: . What other chips should I keep and I out for?

Thanks!

Cheers! :D

"They" (BH-5 and CH-5) just aren't being made anymore. Winbond pulled out of the memory market. BH-6 hasn't been made for a long while now.

You can still buy BH-5 on ebay (very expensive), or mushkin sells "special 222" or something which is guarantied to be BH-6. BH-6 is still very good compared to most ram, but takes more voltage to get the same numbers as BH-6. I'd say BH-6 is the second best ram, or the samsung ram that corsair has in their XL line.

I have some BH05 memory, but of course I do nothing with it. I have 1gb of the Mushkin Level II pc3500 BH-5 chips, but don't know a lot about overclocking so....they look nice in the window :p

SilentButDeadly said:
I have some BH05 memory, but of course I do nothing with it. I have 1gb of the Mushkin Level II pc3500 BH-5 chips, but don't know a lot about overclocking so....they look nice in the window :p

Sell it to some tard on ebay for $600. Then buy some Crucial + Flashy Heatspreaders....lol

I just made a deal to sell my gig of PC3500 Level II to an [H] member for $250, not much of a premium.

BillLeeLee said:
I just made a deal to sell my gig of PC3500 Level II to an [H] member for $250, not much of a premium.

That's too bad :(
I know somebody that got rid of theirs for $510.

Drisler said:
Sell it to some tard on ebay for $600. Then buy some Crucial + Flashy Heatspreaders....lol

I am thinking about doing that...I am watching someone on Ebay to see how high they get.

Back