Winamp + Network Drive = Static?

Joined
Sep 22, 2005
Messages
604
I just installed winamp (5.24), and promptly added all my music off my network drive (hosted on a fedora box with samba). Everythign plays jsut fine, until I pause it. Upon resuming from that, it eminates a severly distorted version of the audio (like a really badly recived radio station), lots of static, etc. It also happens witht he audio track in videos, but not with video itself. VLC does not have this problem with audio or video. Any ideas as to why this mgith be happening? Or, any suggestions for a winamp replacement with most/all of it's features?
 
I have all my music on a fedora box as well and play then back though winamp without a problem, pausing it doesnt cause any issues, im using Winamp lite though.
 
It is nto exclusive to netowrk files, it happens on local ones as well. Also, I have foudn that after pausing and unpausing once (static results), another pause unpause cycle will clear it. I have posted this on the official winamp forums, in the hope that they will be able to better assist me.
 
Back
Top