Winamp & 5.1 Speakers

Bigg

n00b
Joined
May 2, 2002
Messages
23
Hey, I just brought a set of 5.1 speakers (Logitech Z-640), I've got an Abit NF7-S Motherboard with a built in 5.1 sound card. The problem is when I play music in winamp I can only get them to play in my front and center speakers, yet when I use another program (Windows Media Player) they play in all of my speakers. I wanted to know is there an option that I have to enable or a plugin that I can get to make it work in winamp.

Thanks :D .
 
Make sure you are using the newest version of Winamp (5.02 currently) In preferences, under Plugins/Output. Highlight DirectSound output in the right hand pane, click Configure. On the first tab make sure the option for "Allow Hardware Acceleration" is ENABLED. Click Apply and then OK.

Restart Winamp. Sound should come from 4 speakers plus your sub now. Your center channel will not work unless you are playing a true 5.1 source such as a game or DVD.
 
Back
Top