Win8 reload and PC wont shutdown??

Copyright

Supreme [H]ardness
I ran into this before and was positive I had fixed it by turning off the hyrbrid sleep function but didn't seem to fix my issue. I had windows 8 on this before with no problems. I just upgraded to a new SSD and did a reload. Now it just wont power off. Any ideas?

Yup.. and it was working fine before.. all I did was a reload and new ssd.

Update the firmware on your new SSD?

Got the chipset INF drivers installed?

So the only way it will power off is it you hold down the power button on the machine? Does the mouse move around the screen, or is the OS frozen up? It sounds like it could be a hardware issue, run a disk check to test.

I fit was hardware it would only be the SSD as it's the only part I swapped. Firmward is updated on the SSD. Running the latest drivers for all. Monitor goes Black like it powered off but PC stays on.. fans still spinning. INF drivers are latest.

Fixed it... turned out a Hard Drive I had in the PC started to fail around the same time I did the SSD Swap. The failing drive was causing errors on shut down and started making it hang. Unhooked the drive and all is good!

Fixed it... turned out a Hard Drive I had in the PC started to fail around the same time I did the SSD Swap. The failing drive was causing errors on shut down and started making it hang. Unhooked the drive and all is good!

HAH! Lucky timing on the SSD swap.

HAH! Lucky timing on the SSD swap.

Exactly... Probably been an issue for a while but I rarely power off my PC so when doing the reload and powering off to unplug my data drives is when I caught the issue. Ahh well ... live and learn..

Back