Win7 will not install usb error msg.

spaceman

[H]F Junkie
Need to reformat but when I try to install WIn 7 I get an error that I am still trying to figure out. Says I need to unplug a usb boot device or my dvd drive is failing. Both of which are false. Dvd drive is fine and there is no usb boot device. No idea. Virus?

when do you get the error message?
when trying to boot off the WIn7 disc?
during Win7 install?

regardless, even a boot sector virus shouldn't even cause that since you aren't booting off the hdd.

when do you get the error message?
when trying to boot off the WIn7 disc?
during Win7 install?

regardless, even a boot sector virus shouldn't even cause that since you aren't booting off the hdd.

When trying to do the install. The disc boots up fine. Then begins loading files, then the error msg. Clear the bios? Is there some old driver, like from a cell phone or mp3 player? I installed a cell phone driver recently.

Have you erased the drive partitions first? I had to do that on a recent install. Kept getting a BSOD for some reason.

It was an older laptop, though.

ok... so you get past the point where you select which drive to install to.. right?
have you tried wiping the partitions and letting Windows recreate them?

and no, having some driver installed within Windows will not affect the installation, since that is all done outside of the existing installation (which presumable is getting overwritten by the current install)

I do not get to the drive selection. Just before that it has the error. The disc will not load in windows either. I currently have vista 64.

sounds like possibly a bad disc, then.
have another computer you can pop the disc into?

I need to find and kill this

Samsung MITs USB Sync

It is under mobile devices. I have not found the actual file or uninstall option yet.

It was a mobile phone driver. Found it and uninstalled it. I can install 7 now.

My sys was all messed up. It refuses to do dx11 anymore in BF BC2. According to MSI after burner, I am stuck in dx10 despite editing the settings to 11 for instance. Had a usb driver for a cell phone causing havok with bsods and cock blocking any new OS install. Fixed that today and the game runs fine but still stuck in dx 10.

Whatever, going to win 7 as soon as I get around to transferring all my data b/c I can't upgrade my vista 64 to win 7 64 b/c my sys is retarded or I don't have Win7 x64 despite it being listed on my Win7 AIO disk. Tried all other combos and it just says fuck off.

SNAFU ftw

Back