• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Win7/Vista ATI users please read

horrorshow

Lakewood Original
Joined
Dec 14, 2007
Messages
9,909
THIS APPLIES TO THE FOLLOW CARD SERIES:
o ATI Radeon HD 5xxx series graphics card
o ATI Radeon HD 4xxx series graphics card
o ATI Radeon HD 3xxx series graphics card
o ATI Radeon HD 2xxx series graphics card

Ok, I've made a similar thread before, but the issues and complaints continue.

I'm talking about ATI driver issues.

I've done my research and come to the conclusion that the 10.4a hotfix driver released on April 21st is currently the best driver.

Reasons being:

It uses a newer driver revision than 10.4 WHQL which is already confirmed to be the most stable driver atm.

It includes the best version of Opengl atm.

Having problems with Quake Live? Gone with this driver.

Looking for that fast load time fix for BF: BC2? It's here.

That large mouse cursor issue from the early 10.* drivers? Fixed.

-- The list goes on and on.

OK. If this intrigues you, please follow the outlined procedure to a T and all will be well.

------------------------------------

1. DOWNLOAD all the files linked at the bottom of this post.
2. Install Driver Sweeper. (Don't run it now)
3. Go to your control panel, Add/Remove Programs, select ATI install manager, select "Express Uninstall".
4. It'll ask you to reboot. Do it.
5. Once you're computers posted, hit F8 like crazy and then a menu will come up.
6. Enter safe mode without networking.
7. Run Driversweeper, check ATI, click Clean, say OK to delete files, then Reboot when prompted.
8. Once back in windows, install the 10.4a drivers. Reboot when prompted.
9. *IF YOU ARE RUNNING CROSSFIRE*, install the latest crossfire profiles linked below. (They are compatible)
10. ENJOY.


ATI 10.4a Hotfix (Rev. April 21) for Win7/Vista
http://www.mediafire.com/?61azlbb1i9qxcto

DRIVER SWEEPER
http://downloads.guru3d.com/Guru3D---Driver-Sweeper-%28Setup%29-download-1655.html

CROSSFIRE PROFILES
http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?driver=app-profiles

I hope this helps someone out there....
 
Last edited:
Link was just tested by two of my friends.

Works fine.

You gotta click the link, then it'll open Mediafire.

Click "Download" after the countdown ends.
 
It uses a newer driver revision than 10.4 WHQL which is already confirmed to be the most stable driver atm.

And the 10.5 uses a newer version of the 10.4, and the 10.6 uses a newer version of the 10.5. Your premise does not support your conclusion.

It includes the best version of Opengl atm.

Huh?

Looking for that fast load time fix for BF: BC2? It's here.

The fix for the 5xxx series load times has been in a couple of the WHQL drivers.
 
Quake Live and many older games use OpenGL.

Problems have arisen after the 10.4 driver revison and yet to be fixed.

As for BC2, yes the fix is in later WHQLs but this driver supports 2000/3000/4000 series
cards too.
 
Glad to know I'm not the only one who "hits f8 like crazy" on start up.

Oh, and thanks for the drivers. Had some problems upgrading / updating so I'm going to give these a whirl and see where I stand.
 
I've been running 10.6 since release, haven't had a single issue. Why again would I potentially give up two releases worth of updates?
 
Makes my VLC movies a little grainy and some red tracing under certain objects and people.

Might have to go back to the newest.
 
THIS APPLIES TO THE FOLLOW CARD SERIES:
o ATI Radeon HD 5xxx series graphics card
o ATI Radeon HD 4xxx series graphics card
o ATI Radeon HD 3xxx series graphics card
o ATI Radeon HD 2xxx series graphics card

Ok, I've made a similar thread before, but the issues and complaints continue.

I'm talking about ATI driver issues.

I've done my research and come to the conclusion that the 10.4a hotfix driver released on April 21st is currently the best driver.

Reasons being:

It uses a newer driver revision than 10.4 WHQL which is already confirmed to be the most stable driver atm.

It includes the best version of Opengl atm.

Having problems with Quake Live? Gone with this driver.

Looking for that fast load time fix for BF: BC2? It's here.

That large mouse cursor issue from the early 10.* drivers? Fixed.

-- The list goes on and on.

OK. If this intrigues you, please follow the outlined procedure to a T and all will be well.

------------------------------------

1. DOWNLOAD all the files linked at the bottom of this post.
2. Install Driver Sweeper. (Don't run it now)
3. Go to your control panel, Add/Remove Programs, select ATI install manager, select "Express Uninstall".
4. It'll ask you to reboot. Do it.
5. Once you're computers posted, hit F8 like crazy and then a menu will come up.
6. Enter safe mode without networking.
7. Run Driversweeper, check ATI, click Clean, say OK to delete files, then Reboot when prompted.
8. Once back in windows, install the 10.4a drivers. Reboot when prompted.
9. *IF YOU ARE RUNNING CROSSFIRE*, install the latest crossfire profiles linked below. (They are compatible)
10. ENJOY.


ATI 10.4a Hotfix (Rev. April 21) for Win7/Vista
http://www.mediafire.com/?61azlbb1i9qxcto

DRIVER SWEEPER
http://downloads.guru3d.com/Guru3D---Driver-Sweeper-%28Setup%29-download-1655.html

CROSSFIRE PROFILES
http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?driver=app-profiles

I hope this helps someone out there....


The wierdest thing is, I did everything what you said and so far everything is stable but when i installed the 10.4a drivers and Rebooted the screen was very very dark, then I rebooted again and everything is fine. (strange)
 
Back
Top