So... Ive tried searching and no1 seems to have this issue or put in another was dumb enough to do this and get stuck with this issue!
So first off setup.. The system in my sig is hooked to a LAN with a FreeNas box serving my media files. While messing around I added the Network location with my videos into the "My Videos" library. I realized i didnt want to do it this way and that a straight DNLA connection via my TVs "Apps" would be better, as the TV is perfectly capable of doing it and it wont tie down my PC while watching movies.
However after I removed the network location out of "My Videos" for some reason a recycle bin was added to my network location. I can hard delete it but it keeps coming back and when I go into properties I cant seem to remove the network location only toggle the settings between a managed recycle bin size and no recycle bin at all. Both options dont do anything to resolve the issue. Currently its giving me a "Recycle bin is corrupted on \\FreeNas\video" message. Regardless if I set it to delete permanently for the Network Location.
Anyways curious if there is a registry hack in order to remove that network drive from the list since it really shouldnt be there and I think that is the reason Im getting error message.
EDIT: to add im connected the FreeNas via Samba CIFS.
So first off setup.. The system in my sig is hooked to a LAN with a FreeNas box serving my media files. While messing around I added the Network location with my videos into the "My Videos" library. I realized i didnt want to do it this way and that a straight DNLA connection via my TVs "Apps" would be better, as the TV is perfectly capable of doing it and it wont tie down my PC while watching movies.
However after I removed the network location out of "My Videos" for some reason a recycle bin was added to my network location. I can hard delete it but it keeps coming back and when I go into properties I cant seem to remove the network location only toggle the settings between a managed recycle bin size and no recycle bin at all. Both options dont do anything to resolve the issue. Currently its giving me a "Recycle bin is corrupted on \\FreeNas\video" message. Regardless if I set it to delete permanently for the Network Location.
Anyways curious if there is a registry hack in order to remove that network drive from the list since it really shouldnt be there and I think that is the reason Im getting error message.
EDIT: to add im connected the FreeNas via Samba CIFS.
Last edited: