Win7 Realtek Audio Manager Missing

jake21

Limp Gawd
So I just completed my HTPC build and installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 Home on it.

Here are the specs:
CPU: AMD Regor 245
Mobo: Asus M4A785-m
Vid card: Gigabyte 4550
HDD: WD 100g (upgrading in the future)
PSU: OCZ 650 SiltentXstreaM
so on so on, i think i listed anything needed to help solve my problem.

And my problem is! I CANNOT get Realtek Audio Manager to install correctly and run during Windows 7, nor can i get more than 2 channel output from my 4550 HDMI.
- It does not show up in the Sound and Devices tab in the CP.
- It does not show up in the toolbar
- The driver for the audio on the 4550 is the latest Realtek one, i know that as the Device manager confirms.
- I have tried using many drivers from 2.39 through 2.42 (which was released yesterday)
- In the windows audio manager, i can only get two channels (stereo) from the HDMI on the 4550
- I have tried installing/uninstalling/re-installing drivers countless times through Win7 and with compatibility mode.
- I have spent hours upon hours searching the google machine and have not found a fix for myself.

I will continue updating my progress on this as it drags on.
Any help is HIGHLY appreciated!

Thanks,
~Jake

I am currently running 2.40 on Win 7 x64 with no problems. Prior to that I was running 2.37. The Realtec HD Audio Manager is in my Control Panel and also I have access to in from my taskbar. Make sure to uninstall the old version first and run the Install as Administrator, not just on an account that is a part of the Administrators group. Just some thoughts.

Tark

Back