Win7 Pro x64 - MSDN download?

RageVI

Weaksauce
Hey everyone!

As a Computer Science student at my university, we're given a login for this MSDN Academic Alliance Software Center dealie. It lets you download all sorts of software for free (Visual Studio, XP, Vista, Access, etc). Now that the new semester has started, Windows 7 Professional x64 is one of the newly available downloads. Now, as much as I heard that Win7 is awesome, I have NOT kept myself in the loop about it by any means.

I thought this wasn't quite released yet? There is nothing on the description that indicates that it's anything but the full version. I do know that some people are able to get the full version already, but under certain conditions. Is this probably the real deal?

And does it make sense that I'm tempted to download it and purchase a fistful of second gen x25-m SSDs?

Thanks guys. Did some extra searching and it looks like I wasn't the first to ask here. Sorry about that

Thanks guys. Did some extra searching and it looks like I wasn't the first to ask here. Sorry about that

But you are one of the few who actually realize that which is a great step forward. :D

Back