Win7 Device Stage?

rcat1

Limp Gawd
Upgraded to Win 7 64. Read about the wonders of device stage. Just plug in a device and its instantly recognized. It does not recognize a Microsoft Zune HD! Any ideas? Really hoped it would be recognized as I was anxious to load it up using send to.

Have you installed the Zune software? It's required to use the device; a Zune icon should show up in the stage afterwards.

Same here! I was beginning to think it was just me, seeing that Win7 and ZuneHD were just released and all I got was a generic icon for the HD. I couldn't find anything about it on the ole' google so it's kinda a relief that's it's not my install. The only things that work on device stage for me are my xbox controller and my USB stick, everything else is just generic icons and options.

Hopefully there will be a driver update for the HD soon as device stage seems like it may be kinda spiffy. Unfortunately it seems like manufacturers have to write it in their drivers, so I doubt my older logitech mouse, anything by creative made beyond 2 months ago, etc.. will ever work right with it :/

I think there's an option somewhere in there to allow updates for device icons.

I think there's an option somewhere in there to allow updates for device icons.

Yeah, if you go to Devices and Printers, right click on your computers icon and go to 'Device Installation Settings' you get the option to do that. Mines already setup to do it automatically and still no Zune HD ( the HD's not even recognized correctly, it shows up as 'unspecified' ). Hopefully it is a driver problem and not a device stage problem. I've seen older zunes working in device stage ( at least their icons showing up correctly) so my fingers are crossed that the HD is just too new. Weird though that the new zune software is Windows 7 ready, but the new device that it supports is not.

Has Anybody got a working ZuneHD in devices and printers?

Try running the Zune software at the same time. My 120's icon shows up in the stage.

Epson said they were going to fully support Windows 7. I thought this was great and nativly my printer had all features and the realistic icon, way back in Windows 7 7000 build. It was great! Then 7100 came out and they removed it. Now the new Epson Windows 7 drivers are just linked to the Vista drivers.

WTG Epson!

Back