Win7 CPU drivers missing

M76

[H]F Junkie
I just went into the device manager, and this is what awaited me:

What is going on here?

If you look at the properties of one of those it may tell you why it is there.

If you've already installed the latest Intel Chipset drivers, maybe you have a CPU or motherboard issue.

I just went into the device manager, and this is what awaited me:

What is going on here?

Is your system behaving any differently than before? Any benchmarking tools, even Windows Experience Index :rolleyes: ?

If you look at the properties of one of those it may tell you why it is there.

If you've already installed the latest Intel Chipset drivers, maybe you have a CPU or motherboard issue.

It's in the topic title, it says no driver is installed for the device.

It's fixed now. I had to download an older chipset inf installer. I always hated intel's download site, it's never clear which drivers are for what chipsets, and most of the time the correct driver for you doesn't even come up in searches.

Last edited:
That's one of the first things you do with a new system. Install ALL the drivers, even if Windows has them built in.

Make sure you have the latest bios too.

That's one of the first things you do with a new system. Install ALL the drivers, even if Windows has them built in.

Make sure you have the latest bios too.

But I DID install the chipset inf drivers. Only the one that the intel site threw up caused what you see above. I had to manually dig up an ancient version to make it install properly. I tried a bunch before, the newest version didn't do anything just said installation completed. Others kept telling me that the computer doesn't meet the hardware requirements. Finally this version installed correctly: 9.4.0.1017

Back