Win7 - causing bandwidth issues?

Bozner

n00b
Hoping for some insight or guidance...

Just built new rig and am having issues with upload/download speeds. Using the same website to test bandwidth speeds, the new rig is .25Mbs up (avg) - but all of the other PC's on my LAN are 3meg upload (which is about what I pay for). Problem is only on this newly built PC.

So far i've added a new Intel NIC (stopped using the onboard NIC), updated and rolled back drivers, changed ports on the switch, tried another switch, changed cables, everything I can think of from a physical aspect - same results each time.

So, where I was thinking it was hardware related, now I'm leaning towards OS issue. Ran CCleaner to clean things up, disabled everything in start-up (via msconfig). Turned off Norton NIS 2012. Nothing has worked so far.

So now I sit here stumped and obsessed with fixing this before making it my main rig. I'd love some input. Thanks in advance.

No Joy. I'm completely stumped. This makes no sense at all. Might just sell all the dang parts and buy a Maingear or something! Grrrr.

Uninstall Norton.

Always one of the first things you do as a IT Tech if there is a problem (Norton).

Back