Win7 and Drive not recognizing help?

FAAmecanic

n00b
Hey [H]ard foks!

Just installed Win7 32 bit Pro (dual boot with WinXP). Everything went great with dual boot..except I have one issue.

I have two 400GB HDD. The first one has my WinXP load, and my Win 7 load. The other drive has my Games partition and a Utilities/downloads/game patches partition.

In WinXP I have all four of these with no issues. But in Win 7 it sees all but my Utilities partition. Any ideas of how I can get Win 7 to recognize it??? (see screen shot...the 83.2 GB shows up in Driver Management...but no drive letter assigned, and doesnt show up in my lists of drives).

Disk.jpg

Thanks in advance!

I think I tried that ....it was greyed out. The only thing I could click on was make primary.

EDIT: I was wrong...it would let me right click, Change Drive letter and path...but then game me an error (does this when I try and click properties as well)

fail.jpg

Tried clicking refresh....nada. Im thinking being as this is just all my game patches/music/ and such I need to just put this data on my external HDD... then maybe try to format it and start over. I just hope if I reformat in Win 7 I dont loose access to that chunk of my HDD in XP... that would be my luck LOL.

Wierd on Win7 recognized all my other drives but this one....

Last edited:
I guess Im stuck with backing up the data and reformatting this drive in Win7... I have posted in several other MS forums and thats the only advice I have been able to get. I was hoping the uber users/tweakers here at [H] would have some magic....

Any last takers before I give in to the easy (hopefully) way out... LOL

You could take this opportunity to just go with Windows 7. Depending on your system specs, you might not need to dual boot anymore, either.

No can do.... I have a few programs I use A LOT that do not like Win 7. (example: my favorite MMO World War II Online). Eventually I would like to go to a dual boot of Win7 32 bit and Win7 64 Bit. :D

Back