• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Win7 & 16GB RAM Problem

MAULxx

n00b
Joined
Jun 8, 2008
Messages
58
I can't get Win7 Ultimate or my MOBO to recognize 16GB I have installed.
They are recognizing 8GB.

This is my MOBO - GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3P AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128392

This is my RAM-G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231277

What do I need to do next?
I have tried reseating but no luck.
I had 2 4gb working & later ordered identical pair but can't get them working.
 
I can't get Win7 Ultimate or my MOBO to recognize 16GB I have installed.
They are recognizing 8GB.

This is my MOBO - GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3P AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128392

This is my RAM-G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231277

What do I need to do next?
I have tried reseating but no luck.
I had 2 4gb working & later ordered identical pair but can't get them working.

Those are 2gb sticks 4 sticks x 2gb=8gb

LMAO. Basic math fail by OP.
 
Haha sorry but that is pretty funny. It's all good OP, we all have cluster-fucks from time to time.
 
Yes, I just tried reseating them again :) Don't know why I had 4gb in my head. Guess I was living in my own little world of confusion lol.
Thanks for bringing me back...... & to the realization of the obvious.

At least everything is working as it should.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top