win32k.sys blue screens

pbXassassinX1524

[H]ard|Gawd
hey guys, reciently I've gotten this same blue screen twice now, at to me, COMPLETELY random times. One time my machine was just sitting and I was watching a movie, and the second time I was just web browsing. But I have never had it happen other times. Does anyone know what could be suddenly causing this? The last piece of software I installed was a kill.switch demo but I don't see how that could possibly make it blue screen. Also one of the last things I installed was drivercleaner's TuneXP, and I enabled a bunch of in there, but that was at least a week or 2 ago. Anyone else ever have this happen?

:mad:
I am having a BSOD stating a page fault in the win32k.sys file. Is there a way to fix this file or maybe to reinstall it? I was getting device driver failures and have updated all of my pieces and parts, which seems to have fixed that issue. However now that the BSOD has started showing up my machine runs s--l--o--w! It will take 10+ seconds to open windows explorer. And I am running at nearly 100% CPU constantly now. Everything appears to be working , just very slowly like it is working very hard at nothing. I run Spybot, S_T_I_N_G_E_R, and AntiVIR (which I can still update with no issues) adn they find nothing. I am trying a repair of XP Pro but it runs so slowly that I can't sit with it for the whole time. Every thing was running fine until 2 weeks ago. I accidentally installed the NVIDIA video driver update from MS Windows Update and it freaked my machine out. I immediately rolled back that driver and located the proper update from NVIDIA directly. I also recently installed a Belkin USB 2.0 PCI card. After the driver mishap everything appeared fine but now my win32k.sys has crapped.

Here is my (outdated) system:
AMD Athlon XP1500+
512MB Kingston DDR ValueRAM
Maxtor 40GB HDD
Leadtek GeForce Ti-200 Video Card
Netgear 10/100 NIC
Netgear wireless card (Disabled)
Shuttle Ak31 Socket A MOBO
Creative SoundBlaster Live 5.1
Belkin 5 port USB 2.0 PCI

Everything in the machine except for a CDRW upgrade (over 1 year ago), and XP Pro (over 1 year) ago is exactly as it came in Dec '01 when I had it built.
WinXP Pro

Anyone have any suggestions or advice?

Back