Win2K to WinXP error

CoRPS

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 19, 2004
Messages
1,389
Alright, I have Windows 2000 installed on my HDD that was having problems before. Anyway, to my error.

I put the WinXP CD in, and I click "Install Windows XP", then I click "Upgrade".

Setup starts copying the installation files, and it misses a bunch of them, so I have to skip them.
So after it copies the rest of the installation files, it reboots, and starts loading the setup again, And then this error comes up:

The file dmio.sys is corrupted.
Press any key to continue

I press 'Enter' and then this pops up at the bottom:
Setup has failed. Press any key to restart

And then I reboot it, and same thing happens.
I don't think the CD has a problem, because Installed WinXP on my main PC yesterday. Any ideas on what is wrong? Or what I can do to fix it?
 
It "could" be a cd problem maybe a fatal scratch on the disk.. You think your HDD got any bad sectors? Not sure on this one. Maybe some other forum guru will help you more percisely

-Michael
 
Bump, please help?
Is there a place I can download a copy of the CD? I have a CD key that I paid for, so I don't think it would be illegal.
 
I'm guessing your trying to do the upgrade from within Win2k, in which case try to do it booting off of the CD. Did you buy the upgrade CD or a full version? If full version a reinstall is always the best option.
 
Back
Top