Win2k, clicking does nothing ;(

Roscco

n00b
Joined
May 29, 2005
Messages
17
:confused:

I had just completed a fresh install for a friend, i setup avg 7.5 and when prompted i restarted the computer. When it booted back up i was told some windows components or tools were missing and did i want to replace them, replying yes did nothing. Ever since then double clicking on anything does nothing.

Infact it's worse than that, i can't open any explorer windows (no control panel or taskman either).

I can access things through start>run but thats it.

My 1st thought was some kind of internet worm/virus but scans using MS malicious sw tool and cureit find nothing. Neither does AVG (which incidently won't load it's resident shield) Does anybody know what might be causing this?

Muchos thanks

Roscco:confused:
 
I have the exact same issue with Windows XP on my new PC, but Vista works without a flaw. I'm not sure what the hell it is but with XP I have to hit CTRL-ALT-DEL to get anywhere and half the time I can't click on squat, its like the mouse it there but it's a ghost or something and can't do shit.

Vista works like a complete charm though. Find a copy and give it a whirl. Pretty stable and you can pare the extras down to use a lot less memory.
 
Back
Top