Win2k and more users

Ryck

Limp Gawd
Okay so heres one I never ran into before.

I was installing Win2k Prof on an old P3 933. The installation went smooth, installed all updated drivers, updates and the security apps under the default admin account.

Okay I go to make another user under the power user group and all is good not :(

I go to log into that power user account and it says it cannot copy various files from the default user templates folder and that it could not load up the profileso it fails to log in, and the log in menu pops up. So essentially it does not create a profile for this account. It seems that the only accounts that I can create and load a profile for are the administrator accounts.

It also says that another process is using the file, though I can not imagine what process that is.

I found a work around that is to log in the profile I created in safe mode to allow for the copying of files, and then log back in in normal mode

I am at a loss as to what is going on, any way to fix this properly so I can cut out the safe mode step every time I create a user?

Back