Win10 Start menu disappears after a few seconds

deeppow

Limp Gawd
If I left click on the Window icon (lower left) of taskbar, I see the typical image (apps - Life at a glance - etc). Leave the cursor on the icon but the window disappears after ~4 sec or so. How can I change its behavior to stay open till I move the cursor?

I'm not sure of the root cause of your issue, but I'd suggest using Classic Shell - it's a much better start menu than the default one and gives you a lot more options. I do not have any issues with my start menu on Win 10 fading out, or disappearing etc.
Classic Shell: Downloads

I'm not sure of the root cause of your issue, but I'd suggest using Classic Shell - it's a much better start menu than the default one and gives you a lot more options. I do not have any issues with my start menu on Win 10 fading out, or disappearing etc.
Classic Shell: Downloads

Thanks muz. Did lots of things trying to fix it, finally did a reinstall that fixed it. I'm going to look at Classic Shell.

Thanks muz. Did lots of things trying to fix it, finally did a reinstall that fixed it. I'm going to look at Classic Shell.

Most likely, you had something installed and that stealing focus from the start menu. If you reinstall whatever that was, it will not matter whether you use the Windows Start menu or Classic Shell, you will end up with the exact same results.

Most likely, you had something installed and that stealing focus from the start menu. If you reinstall whatever that was, it will not matter whether you use the Windows Start menu or Classic Shell, you will end up with the exact same results.

Reinstall of Windows 10 fixed the problem. I didn't change anything before the reinstall.

That's definitely a possibility. The question is what...? I'm curious...
(that's more of a rhetorical question than anything)

I spent a couple days working with others. Posted here but no response till now, after the fact. Searched several avenues for the issue, nothing in the events, sfc /scannow etc.

The machine is fixed so no way to investigate further.

I spent a couple days working with others. Posted here but no response till now, after the fact. Searched several avenues for the issue, nothing in the events, sfc /scannow etc.

Any chance the issue started after a windows update? like 1607....is the machine on the new or old 1511 build now?

Unless something was stealing the focus that you have not yet reinstalled. Either way, glad it was fixed.

Back