Win10 legacy Radeon 4890 drivers -dxva not working?

JediFonger

2[H]4U
i know, i know buy upgrades. cant afford it now.

i got 4890 drivers installed and gaming works which is great! but no dxva. no mkv/mp4 dxva.

any tips?

yes lav is one of the filters.

i have another newer gpu installed radeon hd 7750 and that works fine but gaming sucks

Configure LAV filters like this
step02part05.png

What drivers are you using? Built-in windows 10 drivers or did you install install 8.1 drivers?

win8.x 13.1 the last ones made for 4890. i disabled wqhl check, installed it. also tried beta 13.4 same results. like i said gaming works beautifully everything else appear to be in order except dxva

updated drivers through device manager etc. my google hasnt revealed anything new that i havent tried.

Hmm try setting it to DXVA2 copy back and in MPC-HC Playback --- Output options select EVR custom presenter in the Directshow video drop down box

yes the only setting that works in mpc hc is overlay, old overlay and sys. default. all other media players are also having dxva issues playing back

my 7570 is in the system side by side with 4890 and that works no problem when i physically switch dvi cable to the newer gpu

Overlay doesn't work with DXVA unless you're on XP.

EVR is necessary (though EVR custom is preferred) for DXVA on Windows 7+. If you are missing EVR or it is not selectable, the renderer isn't registered as a filter, possibly because you are using Windows 10 N.

Even my VM has EVR available so maybe you just need to update your version of MPC-HC or download/install the latest DirectX 9.0c redistributable.

My other hunch is that the 4890 does not have the appropriate drivers for DXVA to work (assuming EVR shows up because that's independing of what GPU you are using).

i just used the regular upgrade provided by ms. i wasnt using n editions prior to upgrade.

how do i register the renderer

m0c hc is latest.

you can install dx9 on win10?

if i install 4890 on 7/8 systems the dxva works using either catalyst 13.1/13.4

not sure... should i use that instead? i can test it tonight when i get back home.

not confident though... something's missing in win10 that isn't present. surprised no one else has ran into this issue more.

while 4890 is old... the game play is still milky smooth. i only play older titles, nothing past doom3 lol

Back