Win10 - Did you read the small print?

No surprise that MS would use their windows platform for data mining and invasion of privacy.
After all they are a very liberal company, this is a tenant of the left, control.

Google and apple have led the way for this. No one bats a eye when they sign their life away on their phone, microsoft are just bringing it to the desktop . Once upon a time that sentence in the fine print would have been met with outrage, now its just expected.

Yup, sad times we live in if you value privacy of any kind.

What does being liberal have to do with this? Apple, Google does the same thing and have been for years. This has absolutely nothing to do with liberal/conservative. It's the unfortunate new norm of internet connectivity.
No surprise that MS would use their windows platform for data mining and invasion of privacy.
After all they are a very liberal company, this is a tenant of the left, control.

I personally do not care if the data are really protected, in this world everything about you it's in the knowledge of any other people... the most important data account you can concern it's the bank account, credit cards etc and every bank share those data with other banks, every single person in that other bank can see your information and still nothing happens... people should start to be less concerned about "privacy"...

What does being liberal have to do with this? Apple, Google does the same thing and have been for years. This has absolutely nothing to do with liberal/conservative. It's the unfortunate new norm of internet connectivity.

Control is part of the liberal mindset. Apple and Google are liberal companies as well.
It's unfortunate that people become desensitized by the lack of privacy and gov/company intrusion into our daily lives with statements like, " It's the unfortunate new norm of internet connectivity" People shouldn't be so willing to sacrifice a common right to privacy.:( Eventually, other basic rights follow. Freedom of speech and expression we've already seen recently, for example, being limited in the news

Last edited:
Spot on, remember the left likes to impose what they think is best for you, if that includes invading your privacy so be it to them.

MS from Seattle, I mean the writing is on the wall on how they work and think.

Spot on, remember the left likes to impose what they think is best for you, if that includes invading your privacy so be it to them.

MS from Seattle, I mean the writing is on the wall on how they work and think.

"We have to pass the bill to know what is in the bill."

The way I read that is "If the government wants us to track you, we will" when they are tracking terrorist and such.

This has been happening long before Win10.

To think otherwise, you are just lying to yourself.

Any "terrorist" worth their weight (odd saying, I know) would conduct business in the old fashioned way. Face to face, with a nice pat down prior to communication in a random location.

But whatever Microsoft, Apple, Google, and the US Government wants to do...

What does being liberal have to do with this? Apple, Google does the same thing and have been for years.

Apple and Google are some of the most liberal, and it has everything to do with it. Conservatives tend to value privacy. Liberals do not. With that said, if you don't like it, don't run Win 10.

Conservatives tend to value privacy.

Curious then, how all of the fucked up programs like PRISM were put in place during Dubya's time in office... He was definitely a liberal. :rolleyes:

I'd just say that they definitely like to ensure that anything they do that harms other people is kept very private. They get fucking PISSED when they're found out by surveillance to be committing horrible fucking acts. (see ag-gag laws, for instance)

Also, no privacy for women.

There, can we talk about 'puter stuff now instead of stupid political shit? Thanks :p

The surveillance systems are not about finding terrorists. The long term goal is controlling future political dissent and possible class-war uprisings back in the West. Advance warning of possible political firebrands that could upset the 1%'s agenda.

The surveillance systems are not about finding terrorists. The long term goal is controlling future political dissent and possible class-war uprisings back in the West. Advance warning of possible political firebrands that could upset the 1%'s agenda.

I run Linux. I am the 1%.

Mwahahahahaa

I went to a stand alone account. Have no need for an MS account anyway.

I went to a stand alone account. Have no need for an MS account anyway.

That's going to be my intentions. Didn't like it with 8.1, not buying into it with 10 either. I have no need for the connected account thing. I've never understood the "have everything available every where all the time!" sales pitch. If I want my home pc, I turn it on. If I want something on my phone, I put it there. The cloud holds no allure for me at all.

anytime something of value is given away for 'free' there's always a catch...might not be apparent today, tomorrow, next month or next year but there's always a catch

Google and apple have led the way for this. No one bats a eye when they sign their life away on their phone, microsoft are just bringing it to the desktop . Once upon a time that sentence in the fine print would have been met with outrage, now its just expected.
What would you have people do?

Not click the Accept button?

Anyone remember the old program XP-Antispy? You'd run it and it would block all these things, and the call home features... I'd love to see a modern one of those.

Apple does no such thing.

It might be a standard disclaimer for data stored in MS's cloud services, or something worse*. It's sad that MS is willing to disclose information without a warrant, which is one reason why it would include such a clause.

* I can speculate all I want, but won't since I'm not a crazy tin foil mad hatter.

This applies to anyone that is taking advantage of the various cloud storage features within MS. If you choose to use an MS account and use the cloud services that MS provides attached to that, then this applies to you. If you use your own local account and don't use the cloud services MS provides, then it isn't really going to affect you as much.

This is exactly what it is. The 1% want to stay in power no matter the cost so they can go build their ideal Ayn Rand philosophy based "utopian" future while we fight to survive and squabble over the rubble. Check the bookshelves of any Fortune 500 CEO or Western billionaire, I'd bet the farm that more often than not you'll find a copy of Atlas Shrugged or another one of her books in them.

/tinfoilhat

#youcanthandlethetruth

Remember the fuss when Intel processors had an unique identification number? Now Windows wants your real name, e-mail address, and hardware information. I'll be to scared to download a song, movie, or look at adult content. I just tried using Magic Jelly Bean to get my Win 10 key and my E-Mail address was in there.

Disappointing to see it still continuing on Aug 1st. I assumed crap like this was just for beta testing and wouldnt be this bad for final.

I wonder how much spying it will do on you if you dont use a microsoft login and turn off all the stuff it "tells you that you can" turn off by default

"The only way to keep a secret is to whisper it down a well at high noon."

Computers, particularly home computers connected to the Internet, are not and never have been secure places for information.

Encrypt...encrypt.... the End is nigh!

Remember the fuss when Intel processors had an unique identification number? Now Windows wants your real name, e-mail address, and hardware information. I'll be to scared to download a song, movie, or look at adult content. I just tried using Magic Jelly Bean to get my Win 10 key and my E-Mail address was in there.

I take it this didn't work?

keylogging motherfuckers, whats the world is coming to eh? geez. i was reading around about all the steps that i'll have to do after a clean install to purge all the keylogging and data collect on this "new and improved" turd from ms and it got me tired before even installing this mofo, bleh, maybe tomorrow.

Control is part of the liberal mindset. Apple and Google are liberal companies as well.
It's unfortunate that people become desensitized by the lack of privacy and gov/company intrusion into our daily lives with statements like, " It's the unfortunate new norm of internet connectivity" People shouldn't be so willing to sacrifice a common right to privacy.:( Eventually, other basic rights follow. Freedom of speech and expression we've already seen recently, for example, being limited in the news

Last I checked, the multi-billion dollar corporations aren't particularly fond of the democratic party. The democratic party is commonly associated with a heavier amount of regulation and interference with private industry. Situations like this are more resultant of a case of de-regulation. Free market capitalism, a selling point of the Republican party: if you don't want these 'features' of the product, then don't buy the product. It is not the government's role to regulate what the product does or does not do, it is up to the consumer to influence the market naturally.

And I think you have your terms wrong. 'Liberal' is a term derived from 'liberty', meaning freedom of one's choices and natural rights Often one would say that this is just a namesake, but names chosen are often relative to the community's outright goals. Often 'left wing' in the US is referred to as 'progressive' (though that is a particularly biased term, as 'progress'' is universally revered as positive) and is thought to be more for the movement or reducing the social gap between the highest and lowest classes. Republican stems from the group of early Americans who wished to separate from England, though are today more in line with staying true(ish) to founded American theologies, for better or for worse. The 'right wing' is often called 'conservative' and is more in-line with letting the social class gap take an unregulated, free-market course. Both have their qualities, and definite well-meaning goals, however I don't believe an invasion of privacy and governmental control are selling points of either party.

I'm trying to be as impartial as possible here, but in truth: there is no political group that believes a lack of data security/ privacy is good thing.

What would you have people do?

Not click the Accept button?

Well thats the point, everyone just accepts that if you want these services your privacy is the price you pay. Want a google account? Give us all your info, want a itunes account? Give us all your info, want a microsoft account? Give us all your info.

These are the big players and the services they offer are to good to refuse. Not clicking accept in this day and age isnt really a option.

If everyone had refused these services to begin with they may have had to change , but you or we are fighting a losing battle at this point. If someone decides not to accept based on the privacy concerns they would be firmly in the minority and apple/google/microsoft couldnt care less.

There was never any time where anyone could have clicked "No" and then had any say in how the data is used. You can either say "Yes" to install or "No" to not install.

I don't think everyone accepts that privacy is the price to pay for the services, but rather that in a world where you either have access to an OS or you don't, with nothing in between, you install it and then take whatever steps you can to minimize the intrusions.

I think you'd have a stronger argument if when you clicked "No" you could explain why, but that's not currently the situation and I don't remember it ever being the situation in over 30 years of computing.

Give me a fucking break dude. It is not a left/right issue. This concerns all Americans, not just the Tea Party or the Progressives. Both groups have talked about this being a problem while the establishment types have let the NSA walk all over the constitution. Stop pigeonholing and blaming one side. Companies at the end of the day know which way the wind is blowing in the long run and they maximize profits in order to do so. Take your bullshit to another thread.

I burned my PC after I read your post. I don't like it at all. I never like it on Android when you install apps they always demands for your info, biometrics, location, sexual orientation, religion, favorite color, GPA in highschool and what have you.

There was never any time where anyone could have clicked "No" and then had any say in how the data is used. You can either say "Yes" to install or "No" to not install.

I don't think everyone accepts that privacy is the price to pay for the services, but rather that in a world where you either have access to an OS or you don't, with nothing in between, you install it and then take whatever steps you can to minimize the intrusions.

I think you'd have a stronger argument if when you clicked "No" you could explain why, but that's not currently the situation and I don't remember it ever being the situation in over 30 years of computing.

Obviously you cant click no and have a say in how the data is used but still install the service but the terms of service now are greater than they ever have been and everyone has to accept that or not install. In the past people use to complain or find a similar service that didn't snoop as much, now all of the services snoop and there is no alternative service. All the big boys like google apple and microsoft snoop. You can go linux but the trade off imo is not worth it.. And that's what it comes down to , they have you between a rock and a hard place, they could put anything in the terms of service and people would still accept it, these services aren't really a choice for a lot of people these days, they are a necessity for work, school etc.

Back