Win XP user account dilemma!

fannypad

n00b
Right, basically I am in the process of building a non-profit internet cafe for a youth centre.

I have built all the PC's and set up all the relevant software, including net cafe client software on each PC, but I am stuck on what to do when it comes to setting up user accounts.

The net cafe client software I am using has a feature that automatically logs into a specific account upon bootup. I have created and configured a locked-down account just for this purpose.

I also have an active passworded administrator account for maintenance purposes.

What I need is for the cafe client to carry on with the auto-login into the locked-down account, but when I need to to be able to bypass this and log in to the administrator account.

I am worried that when I activate everything I won't be able to get into the admin account due to the auto-login into the locked-down account which won't have access to the "Log Off" start menu option.

How would I go about doing all this? Many thanks in advance for any help.

well there is a option in control panel--user accounts to automatically log on as a user. I know if you do it that way you still can go to log off

Back