win xp SP2 & Smart Card Readers not working!!!!

zz2

Limp Gawd
i have "Oberthur OCR 136" smart card reader and after instaling SP2 it is not working anymore. i have called support and they said to me that they know that and that this is MS fault and that I should use system restore to roll back to previous state or buy USB smart card reader (i have SC reader that work over COM port). Well i don't have system restore turned on :rolleyes:

i have been searching and found only one article where it was written that MS was cancelled support for PC/SC driver that works over COM port. They said that there is no info on MS web pages and they don't know if that was planned or it is a bug :rolleyes:

well they also said that majority of SC Readers over COM port is not working they also listed few examples:

- ActivCard SMART Reader ACTR-01,
- Oberthur OCR 136,
- Omnikey 1010,
- Towitoko Chipdrive (micro) 110,
- Towitoko Chipdrive (micro) 120.

well if anyone has any info on this i would appreciate any kind of help. anything :mad:

You might be out of luck, until the company decides to make newer drivers. I'd use this as an excuse to rid myself of legacy hardware. I have a PCMCIA one that works fine with SP2. But, if your using a desktop, then USB is your only answer.

Back