WIN XP has been shutdown to prevent dmg...

Hey, huge problem here...my desktop has been acting weird latelty, so I desided to System Restore it. Well....It did not work and it kept rebooting when reaching the user screen. So, I thought, what the hell...a fresh install might help. Now, I treied bootign from my Windows CD into the DOS installation, but everytime i treied that the Blue Screen of Death Came up, basically saying that Windows has been shutdown to prevent any damage to my hardware/software. So, I went ahead and 0ed out my HDD using the Maxtor utility, but it still does the same thing. I have no idea why my shit does this....I simply can't install Windows on it. I have a Win Xp Pro SP1 legit cd that has worked fine before, it is a little cracked though, but always worked fine. Any solutions you may think of? I even disabled my Ocing and reverted to BIOS defaults, I have yet to try to reset my CMOS, not a fan of that. Any help is greatly appricated.

Heh, actually I have just figured it out. My CDrom was not reading my winxp pro cd very well. I dug out my old cdrom and it has worked flawlessly.

Back