Win XP 64-bit and MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum Raid drivers

notTHEike

Limp Gawd
Ok, so i built a new computer with a 939 processor, and I want to install windows XP pro 64bit edition with a raid-0 setup. The problem is, i can't find any raid drivers that will run with the xp64 installation. I've tried several different ones, and it keeps blue screening. I've seen this same setup somewhere (atleast i think i have), and was wondering if anyone knows what i should do.

my set up is:
AMD A64 939 3000+
MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum (nForce3)
2x 80gig WD SATA
1gig(512x2) Corsair XMS
eVGA 6800GT AGP

notTHEike said:
my set up is:
AMD A64 939 3000+
MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum (nForce2)

I would love to see some pictures of how you installed and A64 939pin in an NF2 board.

Anyway I assume that was a typo and sorry I haven’t got any solutions to your problem. However it’s been my experience that RAID is far more trouble then it is worth in a home PC. If going for performance the gains in most tasks are small and not worth the hassle and risks. If going for redundancy I find it far more efficient to make personal backups of the data I need. My advice, ditch the raid.

oops, sorry about the typo.

Anyways, even if i want to go without the raid-0, aren't I going to need SATA drivers to get winxp 64 to install (pressing F6 when its loading the setup). I've downloaded and tried the nForce 4 drivers and it blue screens after it loads all the necessary stuff but before i can select a partition to install to.

If you're using an SATA drive without RAID, you should be able to install Win XP without loading additional drivers, least iirc that's the case with newer boards.

Back