win dual boot problem

ipam45

Gawd
i did a dual boot with a trial version of Vista and my XP, i decided that Vista is pretty good but not great like i hoped for and that i wouldn;t upgrade for a while. that;s just my 2 cent so sorry vista lovers.

i created a new partition for the vista before installing it but now i just formated that partition and joined it with another one.

today i booted up and there was still a version of Vista waiting for me thur the win boot screen, i click on it and it just says file missing and i have to reboot, and xp still works fine.

can anybody tell me how to remove this vista thing so that i would be back into a single boot system.

Thanks

I've had the same problem in the past when using Vista during beta, and early rtm. When dual booting vista changes your boot sector (Vista boot method is different from xp) on the hard drive to detect both operating systems. If your lucky you can modify the boot.ini in XP to load only xp I doubt it though. The only other options are to rebuild the boot partition (Have fun) or delete and rebuild any partitions on the drive in question. In my experience anyway.

they really need to come up with a better system. i actaully think that i might have installed te dual boot the wrong way.

here are my steps

logged into windows
used partition magic and created a 60gb partition
then installed vista choosing the new partition
loved it
then i just went into windows again and deleted that partiton
then joined the unallocated space back to D drive

but everything it still asks me if i want to dual boot or not.

this really sucks

Back