Win Assessment, geez whats it gonna take for that 7.9 total???

tangoseal

[H]F Junkie
Okay well my signature rig just did a 7.8... what the hell is it gonna take to get a 7.9? 5.9ghz 6 core sigh ... just throwing this out there.

winsatshitman

I think my system got a 7.8 with all of the others getting 7.9

It doesn't seem to scale properly since my system looks unpowered in comparison...

Don't feel bad...The machines we use at work are "brand new" and score 4.2.

My crappy old Q9650 that I cobbled together with spare parts scored 7.7 the day I sold it, and it was the SSD that scored low, which is really a "LOL" because it was a brand new Crucial M4128GB SATA III (6GB) Drive.

What's especially funny is it scored .1 better than my current Sandy Bridge gaming machine.

(Sandy Bridge is at stock, while the Q9650 had a 42.5% overclock)

Why are you worried about this? WEI isn't really known to be the best tool to determine system performance.

what's it gonna take?
I don't think anybody here cares, since WEI is not a benchmark.

Okay well my signature rig just did a 7.8... what the hell is it gonna take to get a 7.9? 5.9ghz 6 core sigh ... just throwing this out there.
Keep in mind that WEI scores are hard capped for certain hardware. For example, magnetic HDD's are capped and cannot go over a certain point. You need an SSD to get 7.9. Regardless of speed, it may force you to have 8+ real cores to get 7.9.

Just to put it in perspective, my score is only .3 lower than yours and your system is the sig is a monster compared to mine. You have twice the memory, a SSD that is likely twice as fast as mine, I only have a 4 core w/o HT CPU, and only 1 mid-range GPU. So, what does that tell you about WEI?

Back