Win 8 and multiple monitors

My issue is quite simple; since I got a secondary monitor, my desktop wallpaper has been randomly going black without apparent reason. How can I fix this issue?

Is your copy of Windows activated? Wallpaper can be set to black if it isn't.

We may need more information, as I have three desktops here at home and all three have dual monitors and do not experience that issue.

Yeah the Windows is legit. Can it happen if I delete the wallpaper image after setting it? I don't know what information to give you, since there isn't really any connections between things. But it usually does happen after performing certain actions or using programs.

Well I imagine that Windows caches the background image, but relies on the original file for cases when the cache or background needs a refresh. In that case deleting the original file would cause the background to disappear after some time.

Windows will cache the image, but it will only hold onto the image for a certain amount of time. Once you delete it, it will go back to default black. Just keep the image, it's not like an image takes up 1gb of space.

Oh.. Never thought that could happen. I usually put my wallpaper file on desktop and then delete it, but I guess I'll have to put it somewhere safe..

Back