• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Win 8.1: can't install apps anymore!

Loser_guy

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 4, 2008
Messages
328
I was wanting to download onecalendar since it will sync with my google calendar so I can keep track of quizzes, tests, and homework for my classes. As luck would have it I keep getting the error 0x8007064a.

Running windows store troubleshooter I get the windows store cache and configuration may be damaged.

I've been working on this all day and can't get it solved. From memory I've tried the following solutions:

running wsreset.exe

renaming windows store cache folder and creating a new one

syncing apps

ensuring windows firewall and windows update services are running

system restore

and some other tomfoolery with the command prompt I can't remember.

At this point it looks like if I want to install any apps I'm going to have to reformat - not really worth it.


Forgot to mention I have installed apps in the past - when this desktop was freshly built, but haven't tried any more until now.
 
I was wanting to download onecalendar since it will sync with my google calendar so I can keep track of quizzes, tests, and homework for my classes. As luck would have it I keep getting the error 0x8007064a.

Running windows store troubleshooter I get the windows store cache and configuration may be damaged.

I've been working on this all day and can't get it solved. From memory I've tried the following solutions:

running wsreset.exe

renaming windows store cache folder and creating a new one

syncing apps

ensuring windows firewall and windows update services are running

system restore

and some other tomfoolery with the command prompt I can't remember.

At this point it looks like if I want to install any apps I'm going to have to reformat - not really worth it.


Forgot to mention I have installed apps in the past - when this desktop was freshly built, but haven't tried any more until now.

Great!!! congratulations, how did you manage to block apps? I want to do that :D:D
 
Have you tried deleting everything in the software distribution folder? Also, make sure another app is not trying to update and stalled.
 
Back
Top