Win 8.1: can't install apps anymore!

Loser_guy

Limp Gawd
I was wanting to download onecalendar since it will sync with my google calendar so I can keep track of quizzes, tests, and homework for my classes. As luck would have it I keep getting the error 0x8007064a.

Running windows store troubleshooter I get the windows store cache and configuration may be damaged.

I've been working on this all day and can't get it solved. From memory I've tried the following solutions:

running wsreset.exe

renaming windows store cache folder and creating a new one

syncing apps

ensuring windows firewall and windows update services are running

system restore

and some other tomfoolery with the command prompt I can't remember.

At this point it looks like if I want to install any apps I'm going to have to reformat - not really worth it.

Forgot to mention I have installed apps in the past - when this desktop was freshly built, but haven't tried any more until now.

I was wanting to download onecalendar since it will sync with my google calendar so I can keep track of quizzes, tests, and homework for my classes. As luck would have it I keep getting the error 0x8007064a.

Running windows store troubleshooter I get the windows store cache and configuration may be damaged.

I've been working on this all day and can't get it solved. From memory I've tried the following solutions:

running wsreset.exe

renaming windows store cache folder and creating a new one

syncing apps

ensuring windows firewall and windows update services are running

system restore

and some other tomfoolery with the command prompt I can't remember.

At this point it looks like if I want to install any apps I'm going to have to reformat - not really worth it.

Forgot to mention I have installed apps in the past - when this desktop was freshly built, but haven't tried any more until now.

Great!!! congratulations, how did you manage to block apps? I want to do that :D:D

Have you tried deleting everything in the software distribution folder? Also, make sure another app is not trying to update and stalled.

Back