• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Win 7, X-Fi Titanium SPDIF/DDL?

Domingo

Fully [H]
Joined
Jul 30, 2004
Messages
24,234
Anyone manage to get the SPDIF working with Dolby Digital Live in Windows 7? My multi-out works fine, and I can get 2.1 audio from the SPDIF...but DD Live just doesn't work. Whenever the system allows me to enable it, the system keeps telling me that my device is busy.
I know that the current Win 7 drivers are probably really early, but I figured I'd see if anyone else had things up and running yet.
 
Well, after giving those a try, it's still non-functional...although that pack is pretty amazing.
It's really strange. I can managed to get Windows to play the tests for Dolby Digital and DTS...and afterward it'll play music in normal 2.1 stereo, but it for some reason enabling DD Live makes the SPDIF non-functional. DTS doesn't seem to do anything at all as it just continues with everything in normal stereo.
I'm guessing it's just Windows 7. I remember that the pro-logic settings in Vista didn't work right at release either.
 
I had this problem too. To get surround through the digital output you have to set your primary output device to 'Speakers' instead of 'S/PDIF Out' before enabling DDL or DTS Connect. When you enable the encoder the drivers will automatically take the audio stream from the speakers, encode it, then redirect the stream to your S/PDIF port. It's counter-intuitive, but it's because only one device can use the digital out at a time and if you set the S/PDIF as your primary output device the sound card will output raw PCM stereo and lock out the encoder.
 
Back
Top