Win 7... window close delay. Almost like a small shutter...

USMC2Hard4U

Supreme [H]ardness
This is annoying. It is the only thing keeping me from using windows 7 on my machines.

Does anyone else have this issue? When I click the X to close a window, I get a small stutter before the window closes. I have this happens on all 3 of my machines in my house, all with NVidia cards. But my machine at work uses an Integrated Intel 4500 whatever and works flawlessly, no stutter.

So obviously its the drivers, but is there any fix?

Please let me know!

Thanks all

My wife's computer has the same issue, though she uses a Radeon 4870. This seems to be a pretty widespread issue as I have seen many people complain about it.

Ok, well I know for sure that the Intel Graphics do not have this issue as I have tested it on 2 machines.

If you use Win 7 RC and have this issue with any Intel Graphics, please let us know.

I am glad I wasn't the only one who has this problem. Hope they will get it fixed. So far for me, this is seriously the only issue at all I have with 7.

I am excited about its release!

I haven't noticed, and this thread made me try again. I still don't see any stuttering. It's a smooth shink/fade out.

Doesn't happen to me all the time, but occasionally it does.

I'm looking to reformat and reinstall anyway (new HDD, new MB).

Seen it occasionally on multiple computers running W7RC x64. Yes, annoying as hell...

Haven't noticed it on a laptop with onboard Nvidia graphics or on my system with an ATI 3650. Just goes to show what it means to run a beta OS. My main machine is still Vista 64. I tried 7 on it for a few days but I came across too many weird issues to consider it stable enough as my main OS.

I started a thread here called "Win 7 seems Hitchy" or something like that so........

YES!!! I SEE IT!!!

And it still drives me bat shit crazy.
using 64 bit version with rig in sig

Getting ready to install 32 bit version on a lappy that has ATI integrated graphics and see if it happens there also. I would install it on my other lappy with Intel graphics but I'm not ready to wipe that one out.............yet.

Back