Win 7 Update keeps trying to install driver, even tho I did it manually

Chevy-SS

Limp Gawd
Win 7 Update keeps trying to install a driver, even tho I did it manually.

Here's the driver issue, you can see it "Failed" repeatedly. So I went directly to Intel and downloaded the appropriate driver and installed it manually. But every time I shut off my computer, I still get a message "Don't turn off computer, Installing Update 1 of 1" and it attempts to install the driver that I already updated. I did Google this issue, but no joy. Some help would be much appreciated. :)
viewupdatehistory.jpg

Here's system info:
systeminfo.jpg

It's trying to install a newer driver version more than likely as Windows Update does use the versioning number (not the date) as the qualifier as to whether a newer or older driver is installed. The only thing you can do is hide the specific update (right click, Hide Update) - if you still get any issues then you're probably going to have to flush the Windows Update cache which isn't terribly difficult to do:

How To Purge the Windows Update Cache

Thanks very much, I will give this a try when I get home.

EDIT: I unchecked the box, then right-clicked and selected "Hide Update" and that worked!

Thanks again....

:):):):):):):):):):):)

Last edited:
Yea, I have had that issue before with an HP print driver they kept trying to install but it would always fail.

Back