Win 7 Starter vs. Ultimate. any performance difference?

Deadjasper

2[H]4U
Loaded Win 7 Ultimate on my Aspire One then got to wondering whether Starter would run faster and thus was better suited to a Netbook.

TIA

Don't bother. Starter is so crippled beyond belief that you can't even able change the desktop background without tweaking the registry. Hell, you don't even get the Mobility Center. Besides, the system requirements of Starter are not that much different from the other editions.

Heck, try disabling some of the visual candy to speed up the computer, like animations (though a note from experience: if your netbook supports aero then leave it on. Turning it off just slows the experience even more so and you miss out on the aero features).

Thanks. ;)

I noticed that all the Netbooks coming out with Win 7 were all Starter. I guess this is just for economic reasons.

Thanks. ;)

I noticed that all the Netbooks coming out with Win 7 were all Starter. I guess this is just for economic reasons.
Starter just lacks features, allowing Microsoft to sell it for only $25 to OEM's to put on low priced netbooks. If they didn't do this, Netbooks would of ended up going Linux or Chrome OS. Microsoft is just doing it to save their own ass.

Starter just lacks features, allowing Microsoft to sell it for only $25 to OEM's to put on low priced netbooks. If they didn't do this, Netbooks would of ended up going Linux or Chrome OS. Microsoft is just doing it to save their own ass.

No they wouldn't. People would pay more for a Windows netbook then have a Linux netbook. Just fwiw.

Back