Win 7 Pro install help

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by AnIgnorantPerson, May 27, 2019.

1. AnIgnorantPerson

AnIgnorantPerson Limp Gawd

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  2. aeras1131

aeras1131 n00b

Based on there site, I would install all the chipset drivers. It appears to not be explicitly called out in the list.

3. bigdogchris

bigdogchris [H]ard as it Gets

That motherboard chipset does not support Windows 7, that's why there are no drivers for it. The newer versions of Window 10, the supported OS, include the Intel USB 3.1 drivers integrated with the OS. Therefore, there is no reason to make them available for download.

Asus has a tool for customers to use to inject the USB Drivers into Windows 7 installation media to install onto newer hardware. I do not think it supports the z390 chips though: Asus EZ Installer

This thread may also be helpful.

Last edited: May 27, 2019
    AnIgnorantPerson and AltTabbins like this.
  4. AltTabbins

AltTabbins [H]ard as it Gets

Even if you managed to get Windows 7 installed, you won’t get far. There are no z390 drivers for windows 7. You won’t even be able to connect to the internet unless you buy a new network card that had windows 7 drivers bundled with it. After that you are still dealing with no sound, no usb, and no chipset drivers. If you find a way to bypass all this, Windows 7 support ends in 7 months anyways.

I’d really look into Windows 10. You’ll have a much better experience overall and it’s come a long way. The new version (1903) addresses some major gripes people have with the OS including Cortana and managing updates.

Exercate and AnIgnorantPerson like this.
  5. bigdogchris

bigdogchris [H]ard as it Gets

Well if you have an older PCIE audio and network cards you could still have those functions.

6. AnIgnorantPerson

I have 10GbE intel fiber card so internet problem is solved :p

ballz ballz ballz. I dont want fucking Win 10 :(

just so much to customize and unfuck so the switching costs are something I dont want to do :/

Also some of my programs like netlimiter doesn't work in win 10. I also really loved net limiter 3. Is there a way to made it work?

7. AltTabbins

I wish I had a better answer. I don't mind Windows 10 as much as I used to, especially the earlier versions. It's improved a lot since then. I'd still rather run Windows 7 though and would happily roll with that if Microsoft decided that they wanted to support it. With Netlimiter 3, the company decided that Netlimiter 4 is going to be the version going forward. I haven't seen anything showing that 3 can work on 10.

AnIgnorantPerson likes this.
  8. AnIgnorantPerson

Netlimiter 4 is AIDs. I really loathe its layout and design :/ Thats actually a large reason why I dont want to use 10 hahaha. I really liked netlimiter 3 as a network tool :( I always hear about VMs and stuff. Would netlimiter 3 work in a VM for Win 10 or something? I have never really goptten around to using VMs yet.

9. Executioner

Executioner Limp Gawd

I don't like 10 that much, but I've been using 1809 with a fresh install using Open Shell replacement, along with ShutUp10. Works just fine. Just make sure to get the Pro version of 10 so you can defer updates.

AnIgnorantPerson and SticKx911 like this.
  10. AnIgnorantPerson

yea I got Win 8 Pro DVD so i'll just upgrade/use key on win 10 pro install. I forget how it works but did it for laptop and desktop before. I think Win 8 Pro keys just work on Win 10 Pro

i'll check out those programs you mentioned too

11. AltTabbins

Since you have pro, you can turn on HyperV in Windows 10 and run your netlimiter there. VMware player would work too.

AnIgnorantPerson likes this.
  12. AnIgnorantPerson

k i'll give that a shot

13. Executioner

Executioner Limp Gawd

I just did this last week. Here is how: Took less than 5 minutes for the whole process. Start - Windows System - This PC - Computer - System Properties - Change Product Key.
    As for ShutUp10, it allows you to disable a lot of the junk like Cortana, OneDrive, and telemetry, and you can always reverse if it you want those. Program is free and does not run in the background.

AnIgnorantPerson and AltTabbins like this.
  14. AltTabbins

If he installs 1903 you can disable Cortana natively. It’s nice.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
    DeaconFrost and AnIgnorantPerson like this.
  15. Executioner

Executioner Limp Gawd

So they are going back to the original release where it was easy to disable? Nice. Do you right-click it?

16. AltTabbins

Its just separated now. So Cortana has its own button that you can disable. The search and search bar will only give you local files like it used to before 10.

17. Alienslare

Alienslare Limp Gawd

Is it done or can i advise ??