Win 7 or 10 for plex/newsgroup system ?

celery952

n00b
Ive had a reliable system with plex, sabnzb, sonar, headphones and couchpotato for years now on windows 7, My only problem is remote playback at original quality at times with my q9550. So this weekend I'm setting up a new system with a r7 1700x and x370 board. I have a friend that had a heck of a time trying to get anything to work right on 10, and he switched back to 7. Does anyone have any input or suggestions for what i should install? I only want to have to set this up again once.

I use stablebit drive pool for my storage too

I wonder how well the ryzen would perform with 7 vs 10?

I run my Plex server on 10 with no issues. My clients are a pair of Apple TV4's, MacBook Pro with Windows 10 running the Plex app, and my iPhone SE and iPad3.
My downloading/encoding machine runs Win10 with no issues either. NewsRover is used for usenet and Handbrake for encoding if I need to encode something.

A few months ago I grabbed this old HP Media Center remote and receiver from a drawer, plugged it in to my MacBook Pro and it worked perfectly in Win10.

IMG_1128.JPG

Well i went with 10, everything works as it should. My drive pool was a bit of a pain in the ass. Sonarr wouldn't make new folders because windows said i didnt have permission to access the folders. I had to figure out how to take ownership of the files.

Back