win 7 - no wireless after wake from hibernate

Ampsonic

Gawd
I have a netgear wireless N USB adapter, and I just installed windows 7.

When the system wakes from hibernate, it is unable to connect to my wireless. I use the windows "repair this connection", and it disables/enables the device and we're back in business, however this is annoying. anyone else have this problem?

It probably has to do with disabling USB devices while in lower power mode. You could try to go to device manager, select the adapter and in the properties uncheck 'allow computer to disable this device' or whatever it says.

I think there are also a couple of bios tweaks you can make to change the power saving features of the board. I don't know exactly what they are on your board though so just take a look.

Also just a suggestion, switch to an Ethernet wireless adapater. USB adapters are just clunky and I would never use or recommend one.

on some computers with older network adapters, I get around this issue by going into the device manager, into the network adapter's properties, and disable allowing the device to sleep. It'll just stay awake with the RAM lol

Back