Win 7 deal for students - issue.

SBMongoos

[H]ard|Gawd
I've downloaded the 64bit Win 7 Pro Upgrade. There's an .exe to run then creates a directory and all the install files. However, when it gets to the end it says it cannot create the file (I can run it again for better details). Is this because I'm uncompressing it in Win XP Pro 32bit? I want to get it on to DVD to do a clean install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/30470-make-bootable-iso-student-d-l.html

How did you miss the shitstorm over this issue?? There are 2 threads here with thousands of hits. Oh well, it's probably for the best.

Anyway, the link above tells you how to make a .iso out of the files you get after downloading the student version of Windows 7 from Digital River. There are a couple of different versions of basically doing the same thing so look throught the thread if the version on the first page doesn't work for you.

Ignore the error that you get at the end of the unpacking.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/30470-make-bootable-iso-student-d-l.html

How did you miss the shitstorm over this issue?? There are 2 threads here with thousands of hits. Oh well, it's probably for the best.

Anyway, the link above tells you how to make a .iso out of the files you get after downloading the student version of Windows 7 from Digital River. There are a couple of different versions of basically doing the same thing so look throught the thread if the version on the first page doesn't work for you.

Ignore the error that you get at the end of the unpacking.

So I could simply burn what was uncompressed onto a disc correct? Or is it best to do an ISO so it's setup properly to boot from and install Windows 7?

I missed the shit storm as I just downloaded it last night. A close friend of mine working on her MBA got this for me last night for helping her out. I assume there is no issue using this on my PC?

Thanks for the help. I often search but often get so many results it can be hard to determine what to pay attention to.

Thanks!

Back