Win 7 BSOD when expanding files

Wolvie56X

Limp Gawd
I'm guessing it's a RAM issue, I'm getting the 'page file found in a nonpagwd area' error

from what I've seen on the Internet, it's mostly been faulty RAM

this is not my new build, while waiting for the new crosshair IV mobo, was gonna throw Win7 on my current build to check it out. Now it's not installing.

Win XP reinstalled with absolutely no issues...... Any ideas?

Yeah. No OCing at all. Going for a clean wipe and install. It let's me delete format the drive but while loading the install files, get the error.

Just got another error about windows not having the proper files for install. Saying it mght be corrupted??

If you have access to any known good RAM, I'd at least try that since RAM errors can appear as anything.

Ok. Got it installed. I swapped out the 64 bit for the 32 bit but now I'm getting a driver error on startup

a critical driver is either missing or corrupt 'drivers\ql2300.sys'

running repair now. Can't wait for my new motherboard and the rest of the brand new parts I have. This comp is just about dead.

If not RAM, could be the drivers for motherboard or hard drive controller.

0xc0000221

tried repair, it said windows could not repair this error.

Gonna try to rewipe and reinstall. Sigh

Ok. Last shot at this. Put in my WinXP mossed install disk and running a low level format ony 1tb drive. Let's see if this helps solve any issues. The ql2300.sys driver had something to do with qlogic. Some kind of fibre ware driver?? No clue what that is.

4 hours later, after doing a low level format, it installed without any issues at all :)

thank you for the help guys.

Back