Win 7 AMD driver conflict?

PoorBehavior

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 23, 2004
Messages
312
Win7 64 system with a 5870 on latest drivers. This is a fresh install on a clean drive a month ago. After a fresh boot I have no issues. The longer the system is on the longer the problem lasts.

The problem is that if any program requires a change to the video/screen image/resolution the system does this blank screen for five minutes thing. If I attempt to open or close a game, alt-tab from a game, open or close windows media center, go to task manager, etc. Basically where the screen would normally go blank for a second or just flash, it hangs. It goes through this long screen blanking process that pauses the system, no mouse movement, sound stops etc. It gets to the point that I have to do a hard boot or I have to wait five minutes to close out a game. Five minutes is no exaggeration, and the longer the system has been on the longer it lasts.

Anybody run across this?
 
what version of CAT's you using? my 5850 works fine alt+tab out and such.
 
Back
Top