Win 11 Title Bar and Menu Text tiny and does respond to text size increases

DWD1961

[H]ard|Gawd
I've been having this problem for ages and it's driving me blind. I don;t want to use scaling becasue then what's the point of using a 1440 monitor, right? I increased font size to 126% and solved program text size, but the title bar, menu bars, and context menus are still really small, and they don't respond to text size increases.

Anyone know of a way to increase ttitle bar, menu, context menu and other system text size?

try changing it through the accessibility menu option, that one scales all the text at once when i try it.
1667047889086.png

try changing it through the accessibility menu option, that one scales all the text at once when i try it.
View attachment 522405
If you try that you'll see that it doesn't do anything to menu, titlebar, dialogue boxes, etc; that is, it doesn't change the system font size. I think I found the answer. Initially, I thought scaling would reduce screen resolution, and thus screen resolution and thus realestate. That's how it use to work, which negates using higher resolution monitors for normal computing. There are only two ways to increase font size: the method you outline, and Windows "scaling." Scaling now increases everything, including text size, without reducing screen resolution. That's how it should work. So, if you can verify that somehow screen real estate is actually being reduced somehow, after increasing scaling, then we're back to square one. Otherwise, good to go! On my 1440 monitor, I set it to 125% and it's perfect.

Screenshot 2022-10-29 132444.jpg

If you try that you'll see that it doesn't do anything to menu, titlebar, dialogue boxes, etc; that is, it doesn't change the system font size. I think I found the answer. Initially, I thought scaling would reduce screen resolution, and thus screen resolution and thus realestate. That's how it use to work, which negates using higher resolution monitors for normal computing. There are only two ways to increase font size: the method you outline, and Windows "scaling." Scaling now increases everything, including text size, without reducing screen resolution. That's how it should work. So, if you can verify that somehow screen real estate is actually being reduced somehow, after increasing scaling, then we're back to square one. Otherwise, good to go! On my 1440 monitor, I set it to 125% and it's perfect.

View attachment 522522
on my version of 11 it does, hence "when i try it". you said you didnt want to use that option though... at least it does what you wanted.

on my version of 11 it does, hence "when i try it". you said you didnt want to use that option though... at least it does what you wanted.
Swear it wasn't working. Now it is. Thanks! Much better now. I think maybe an update fixed it because if you search for "Win 11 menu title bar text size" it was not working before. I probably would have overlooked it if you hadn't said to test it again. Thanks!

This is what I'm talking about, but it's better support than Win 11 had before. You can see the increased text size in the Device Manger area, and then the still small font in the Power Options box. And on my monitor, it's really, really small.

Screenshot 2022-10-29 132444.jpg

Back